Saturday, December 8, 2012

Introduction



Hello all, and thanks for reading my blog.

 I guess I should start off with a brief introduction. My name is Lee Drewitz and I am currently a junior at the University of Massachusetts Amherst double majoring in History and German Studies. I am currently spending my junior year abroad at Ruprecht Karls Universität in Heidelberg Germany. My reasons for coming abroad are some what unspecific and varied, but a quick synopsis would be family history, Reiselust, academic benefits, and to be honest the financial benefits (i.e. state subsidized education), which I think are pretty much the typical reasons that anyone would be going abroad. Therefore I have been tasked with writing this blog, journaling my experience. I hope to focus on “student life” (or at least a few important aspects of that) and I expect major differences between student life in the United States and Germany to be a prominent feature. Although I have not, at this point, created any sort of outline, so I really do not know where this blog is going, which hopefully does not mean me rambling for five thousand words. So thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the ride! 


IMG_0595.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment